English Chitchat, let's go!!

Zutritt für alle Plaudertaschen, ab Teil 2

Moderator: sea

Antworten
katreseke

Re: English Chitchat, let's go!!

Beitrag von katreseke »

I long as well for proper spring! We have seen virtually no snow this winter, much to my (and the children's) frustration! But, since the winter won't come anymore, spring can begin in my opinion. I long for some sun and no more clouds and rain!
Apart from springtime, there are some nice things to look forward to: I have booked myself a wellness holiday in Bad Zurzah! So I am going to let myself be pampered and do some serious shopping (maybe as well over the border in Germany). And I am also looking into booking something for the summer holidays, so lots of things to look forward to!
Hope you all are having a nice day!
LG von Katreseke

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Ah, Spring... YES PLEASE!! I don't want any snow that late, thank you very much!
We started Fasnacht yesterday, little man went as a Fireman. And we booked a holiday in the sun. Yay!! First time in 5 years - I'm longing for the Sea
Bild

Katze

Beitrag von Katze »

Mind if I join you, with two kids I just don't find the time to meet up with my English speaking friends as much :(
Bild . Bild
. . . und ein kleiner Funke für immer im Herzen *08/2012*

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Of course we don't mind. Welcome!
Bild

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Hello Ladies
Any of you using the new app too?
Bild

Dusi

Beitrag von Dusi »

What app?
Grosser 5/2011
Kleiner 6/2013

* März 2010

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

Which app?

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

There's going to be a swissmom app, and I volunteered to be a Guinea pig. Just wondered if any of you too were testers
Bild

katreseke

Beitrag von katreseke »

I have no smartphone, no Iphone, no Ipad, Tablet, ..... so I guess I won't be testing any apps any time soon :wink:
Do any of you read books in English? I read a lot of crime, thrillers, S/f and fantasy, all in English. I was just wondering if there are any fellow bookworms here :D ?
LG von Katreseke

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Me! Here! Books! Yes please!!
Nora Roberts, J.D. Robb, Minette Walters, Julia Quinn, SEP, anything
You?
Bild

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Hello Ladies
Are you enjoying Spring? Worked loads in the garden, but now the weather will change again... I know: patience..!
Bild

katreseke

Beitrag von katreseke »

Enjoying spring??? You're a funny one Mrs. Bee :D
We got the first real snow this winter/spring yesterday! We got a hailstorm, snow, ice, ... The children could use their sledges for the first time in the garden and I did the first bit of snow shoveling since spring 2013 :wink:
So we are enjoying winter for the time being. The pond in the garden is frozen solid, the snow was still there in the morning and it was freezing cold last night.
No, in all seriousness, although I really enjoy winter, I was in the meantime very much in a "spring mood" and I had already put the winter gear away. I really enjoyed cycling with the children last week, dressed in a t-shirt and wearing sandals. Now we are back to winter boots and snowgear, but I guess it will only be for a short time.
LG von Katreseke

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Oy, it was nice last week. We had snow too yesterday and frankly I could have done well without it it. The only one pleased was shorty...
Bild

swisscanmom

Beitrag von swisscanmom »

Well, it's lovely again outside. I have been working lots, so not much time to have a look in here. Tried to make Banana bread for my daughter to take to school for her Birthday, but I filled the pan a bit too high and it overflowed in the oven, so I have had to clean the oven on top of baking. Otherwise enjoying my one day off this week…

katreseke

Beitrag von katreseke »

@ Swisscanmon:Oh dear! Did it take long to get the oven clean? Was the banana bread at least nice to eat ? :wink:

@ Mr. Bee: I forgot to anwer your questions about books. I read mainly S/F, Fantasy, Crime, Thrillers and that kind of stuff. Favorit authors are: Dick Francis, John Francome, Kathy Reichs, Lee Child, Michael Connely, Henning Mankell (to my dismay they ALWAYS broadcast the movies made from his book very late in the evening. Therefore I haven't seen a single one of the films based on the books), Anne McCaffrey, Elizabeth Ann Scarborough, Jody Lynn Nye, ...
LG von Katreseke

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

@books: they seem to be a thing of the past, I only manage to read bedtime stories these days. Our girl has turned out to be another very lively child, she loves climbing onto everything. I'm don't get anywhere if I do things for myself.
We're trying to declutter and finally get the garden sorted to make it look presentable. But it's a long way still to go. Boy is on holiday from next week. I'll have to think of a way to keep him busy. I hope the temperature picks up a bit next week.

Hope you're all well.

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Chicken Pox anyone? Little man doesn't think it's so funny. He's crying his heart out because of the blisters, poor lamb.

Kara - you know how to wake up a child? Mommy sits down with a book and would like to read for 5 minutes. Guaranteed... It's driving me nuts. I manage to read in the evenings now, or at lunchtime when I'm at work. Small blessings :wink:
Bild

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

Still here, reading Pippi Langstrumpf to the boy now in the evenings. Girl is starting to talk, mainly german at he moment.
@mrs. Bee: hope your lad is better again.

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Chicken pox: survived with more or less grace

Happy Mothersday Ladies! Hope you all get spoilt rotten
Bild

Dusi

Beitrag von Dusi »

Hi! Did everyone enjoy their Mother's Day? We went to a monster truck race :roll: Just what I always wanted for mother's day :wink: Well, it was big boy's birthday - I guess that's priority. And my hubby really had no idea about mother's day when we booked the tickets...

Six more weeks until our trip to Switzerland this summer. Can't wait. :) Buying lots of rain gear I hope we won't need to use... :mrgreen:
Grosser 5/2011
Kleiner 6/2013

* März 2010

Antworten