English Chitchat, let's go!!

Zutritt für alle Plaudertaschen, ab Teil 2

Moderator: sea

Antworten
katreseke

Re: English Chitchat, let's go!!

Beitrag von katreseke »

@swisscanmom Must be very stressful to move to another continent and having to sell your furniture etc. It all ads to the "normal" stress you get when you move ...
@all in Switzerland: what is that big yellow thing in the sky this morning???? Something I haven't seen in a long time! Little ones were over the moon when I told them this morning that they could put on a - (ok, with a sweater over it and a legging under it, but nevertheless a -!!!). I'm sitting in the office in Bern with summer clothes on and I am nearly freezing my ass off :lol:
LG von Katreseke

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Katreske: comment this morning from the backseat driver: Maaaaamiiiii, the sun is tooooo bright, turn it off!!
Yeah, right. Like THAT is going to happen!! Too happy not to see too many clouds for once :mrgreen:
Bild

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Had Dinner on the balcony for the first time. Perfect!! Finished with a yummy Eaton Mess...
Bild

swisscanmom

Beitrag von swisscanmom »

3 weeks to go, it's kind of surreal, and a little sad, too. Yes, it is a bit stressful, luckily we are moving into a semi furnished apartment, so will not have to go out and buy everything again. And the people that bought our house don't mind if we leave some things. That helps. Sold the kids' beds this weekend, so they are now camping :) in their room.

Ponzonia

Beitrag von Ponzonia »

@swisscanmom
We're in the same boat as you... Having sold a lot of stuff, but shipping the rest in 2 weeks. I'm so glad we have the movers do the whole deal including packing up. I don't see hoe I could get around to doing any of that stuff. I've been busy sorting through and throwing stuff away though. Gave loads of clothes away to charity. Feels good to de-clutter a bit.
We've been so lucky to be given a couple of pieces of furniture for free by a colleague of my husband's who's leaving CH. So we'll have beds and even table and chair as soon as we get there.
We'll drive over with our car from Istanbul to Berne in two weeks. Bit of an adventure road-trip! Yay, we're so excited!
Then only a few days in Ch and off to Florida for the summer. Soak up the sun, before we're back in Berne permanently beginning of August.
Wishing you the best for your move!

@all
Not sure how much I'll be able to get online in the next weeks. Hope to be able to meet some of you this autumn.

swisscanmom

I would find someone else packing our stuff stressful, I'd rather do it myself, this way I can decide what goes and what stays as I am packing. We have been packing a few boxes each week for a while, but it is coming down to the wire now.
We have been taking our cat for car rides regularly, so she gets used to being in the carrier. She isn't going to like being in it for almost an entire day. Poor thing. Still have a vet visit ahead of us, some dental appointments and other last minute paperwork and running around. Won't have a car past the 24th, that complicates things. Movers come on the 25th. Wow, holidays right after you arrive! I guess you won't really arrive until August!
Do you have kids that go to school, and do they speak German already?

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

@packing: I'm glad I've only got to pack for the holidays. Hope everything goes smoothliy with your big moves.
Feeling washed out and tired most of the time. Little one still wants feeding once or twice a night and that combined with a boy who's got a busy schedule with kindergarten just doesn't go very well. I'm longing for the school holidays.

swisscanmom

We're in our last week! Where did the time go? Decided to rent a car for the week, so we have wheels, there is so much running around to do. Kids have received their time tables and class lists for August and getting rather nervous.

swissalicious
Re: AW: English Chitchat, let's go!!

Beitrag von swissalicious »

Hey ladies... Guess what: im back in the country. In Bern to be exact. Moving into a place in munchenbuchsee in August. Don't have internet yet and writing via tapatalk isn't easy...that's why im keeping it short and sweet...
Should be online more often again now. take care.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2
“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”
― Margaret Mead

Without my daughter my house would be clean and my wallet would be full but my heart would be empty.

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

:shock: what happened to Prague?
Bild

Ponzonia

Beitrag von Ponzonia »

Moved!
We drove from Istanbul to Berne last week. Been an interesting and fun journey, and the girls have been brilliant the whole time!
Set up a few things and furniture in the new flat already. Flew to Orlando yesterday and enjoying a few weeks of rest, warmth and family time, before our shipment comes in and we move to Berne for good.

@swisscanmom
My older daughter will be starting Kindergarten in August. She'll be going to IS Berne. But she also speaks German since she is bilingual.

swissalicious
Re: AW: English Chitchat, let's go!!

Beitrag von swissalicious »

Well Prague didn't turn out to be an overly good place financially...everything else was good. But we really struggled with the money...and with little miss being in kiga age we decided it was best to move bk...well UK was up for discussion also. But I got an awesome job offer in Bern, so I couldn't resist :grin: so little miss is starting kiga this August and hubby will start looking for some work too. I am sort of sad but still...10 months Prague is better than none. Sorry not much time right now so I am off again...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2
“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”
― Margaret Mead

Without my daughter my house would be clean and my wallet would be full but my heart would be empty.

katreseke

Beitrag von katreseke »

Wow Swissalicious, that was unexpected! Welcome back!
LG von Katreseke

swisscanmom

We have arrived! Spent the last 1 1/2 weeks getting furniture and registrations (gemeinde, school, etc) done. We are almost completely moved in, but of course still waiting for our shipment of household stuff. My parents have kindly lent us some dishes, sheets and blankets. This week we will look for a car and then I'll have to start looking for a job, not looking forward to that process. But the weather is lovely, and we are enjoying a mini vacation in our new home.

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Hello Ladies
How is it going? We have moved too, and I simply cannot imagine what it would be like to move far away. Our move did my head in...
Enjoying the Summer now :mrgreen:
Bild

Ponzonia

Beitrag von Ponzonia »

We got back from Florida last week. Now trying to settle into our new place. We're also waiting for our shipment. It was supposed to get here last Monday. But somehow the driver and truck disappeared for a few days, and noone knew where they were. Since it was the end of Ramadan in Turkey, I'm guessing that he took the truck to visit some relatives... lol
Now, apparently, the truck is stuck at the customs in Basel. I have no clue, why Basel, because I figured the truck would come from Italy... But whatever... I just hope we can finally get our stuff at the beginning of the week!
Other than that, we're enjoying our flat, the nice weather and the nesting!

swisscanmom

We are also waiting for our truck, should arrive within a week, we hope. Kids start school tomorrow! Nerve racking, and we have already had tears, they are very nervous. It'll all be better by lunchtime tomorrow. I have started my jobsearch , no bites yet, but it's early days.

katreseke

Beitrag von katreseke »

Hello ladies
Long time no see.
To all you movers: hope you settle in soon enough and that everybody's truck arrives soon!
To everybody: hope you had (or are still having) a good summer
To everybody with children in Kindergarten/school: hope everybody had a good start.
Yesterday, my two oldest ones (twins) went to the first class and littlest one went to the "big kindergarten". The twins seem to like it in school (as far as they can judge after the very first day of course). I am very happy that the teacher is really treating them as 2 individuals and that they sit far apart in the classroom, that they will celebrate their birthday on different dates (so each gets their own party) and that they are in different groups when the class is split up in smaller groups.
I am happy that school has started again because the children were insufferable the last 2 weeks. Having them 24 hours at home was nerveracking at times (too often)! Apart from that, it was a very nice and sunny summer, not?
LG von Katreseke

swisscanmom

Yes, it was a lovely summer! Hope your twins are settling in well! My two are doing ok, daughter a little better than my son, he seems to be getting left out, no one is really trying to make friends with him, whereas in my daughter's class there are two girls that seem really nice, one even came over to play yesterday. Hope things improve for my son. The language barrier is difficult of course. I wish there was a little more communication from their teachers.

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Quick one from us: if you're looking for a family friendly restaurant that doesn't cost the earth and is fun: http://www.rest-chessel.ch (mostly attractive for those in the Berne region, sorry).

Hope you're all settling in nicely. We still have a load of boxes to unpack (mostly junk :oops: ), and I'm really not looking forward to that. Oh well.

Enjoy the week!
Bild

Antworten